The premise of working with crystals is that each stone has the purpose of magnifying or balancing the energy center you’re focusing on. Find my suggestions on crystals to align your chakras here.
The premise of working with chakra crystals is that each crystal has the purpose of magnifying or balancing the energy center you’re focusing on. In order to choose a healing crystal, you have to look at several stone attributes, including its energetic quality, color, and the intuitive or personal resonance you have with it.
How To Choose The Right Crystals
First, you can check the set of stones typically associated with each chakra. Chakras are energy “wheels” throughout our body. The study of chakras is nothing new, originating in around 500 BC in India. People who study chakras believe that these energy wheels connect our minds, body and spirit. There are 7 chakras throughout our bodies and they all serve different functions.
However, when different things happen such as anxiety, depression, loss, trauma, or other emotional upsets it can cause our chakras to be clogged or blocked. Chakras being clogged can cause a plethora of emotional, physical, and mental issues. Luckily though, if you are aware it is not hard to unblock them. Many people have found that by using certain crystals you can unclog your chakras. Note that the chakras can have several stones associated with each one of them and you will need to determine which one works best for you and in which circumstance.
You may also use your intuition or intuitive perception to pick your healing crystals. For that, use the intuitive sense or senses that are most developed for you. You may look at crystals and see which ones are most appropriate because of their glow. You may feel the energy of the crystal by hovering over it with your hand and feeling a tingling or heating sensation. Or you may just know which one to choose when you need it.
1. Crown Chakra (Sahasrara)
- Colour: Lilac
- Location: Top of the head
- Description: Chakra of enlightenment and connection with the divine
- When balanced: Promotes peace, wisdom, connection, and well-being
- When unbalanced: Causes phobias, forgetfulness, confusion, disconnection from others, isolation, and difficulties in thinking
2. Third Eye Chakra (Ajña)
- Colour: Indigo Blue
- Location: Between the eyebrows
- Description: Chakra of intuition, perception and paranormal
- When balanced: Promotes intuition and psychic abilities
- When unbalanced: Causes nightmares, headaches, depression, trouble learning new skills, and lack of focus
3. Throat Chakra (Vishuddha)
- Colour: Light Blue
- Location: Throat
- Description: Chakra of communication, personal truth, and creativity
- When balanced: Promotes intuition and psychic abilities
- When unbalanced: Causes thyroid problems, trouble expressing yourself, fear of being judged, and lack of creativity
4. Heart Chakra (Anahata)
- Colour: Green
- Location: Center of the chest
- Description: Chakra of love, which makes all the energy circulate
- When balanced: Promotes acceptance and inner peace
- When unbalanced: Causes sadness, shyness, jealousy, demotivation, and heart problems
5. Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura)
- Colour: Yellow
- Location: Naval area
- Description: Chakra of identity, self-esteem and personal strength
- When balanced: Promotes strength, courage, and self-confidence
- When unbalanced: Causes anxiety, rage, nervousness, powerless, and digestive problems
6. Sacral Chakra (Svadhisthana)
- Colour: Orange
- Location: Below the navel, in the pelvic region
- Description: Chakra of sexuality, creativity and pursuit of happiness
- When balanced: Promotes joy, happiness, and lots of creativity
- When unbalanced: Causes guilt, fear, unhappiness, tiredness, attachment, and weight problems
7. Root Chakra (Muladhara)
- Colour: Red
- Location: At the base of the spine of the pelvic floor
- Description: Chakra of physical needs and survival/ basic needs
- When balanced: Promotes stability, safety, and security
- When unbalanced: Causes fear, fatigue, anxiety, and low self-esteem
How To Use Crystals For Balancing The Chakras
Once you’ve chosen the crystal you want to use, place it near or on the chakra location on the body. A laying down position is easier for working with crystals. However, you may use a crystal while you’re standing or sitting by simply holding it in your hands or wearing it as jewelry on a pendent, in your pocket to keep it close to your body. Keep it next to your chakra between 10-20 minutes.
The chakras function as if they were doors, attracting the energy around that matches your level of vibration, and also as inputs to raise levels of consciousness. Focus on activating the resonance between the stone and your chakras with the power of your intention, meditation, or simply relax knowing you have the support of your chakra stone to harmonize frequencies.
When you bring the crystal closer to the chakra or place the crystal over the chakra, the crystal increases the energy center of that chakra, also reinforcing its energetic vibration, cleaning it and restoring all the harmony.
How to Cleanse Crystals
Don’t forget to cleanse or recharge your crystals before and after using them. For that, there are many methods including leaving them in water and salt for a little while (be careful, some crystals are sensitive to salty water), leaving them under the sun or the moonlight for the day or the night, smudging them with sage, burying them in the soil for an extended period of time for more intense regeneration.
Here are some of the methods I prefer and recommend:
Water and Salt
Place the crystals inside a glass container (preferably transparent) and cover them with cold water and a handful of salt. Leave them to rest for a few hours, overnight. When removing the crystals, rinse them under running water.
This crystal is widely used to purify environments and crystals, having an incredible energy cleaning capacity. All you have to do is arrange the crystals in a circle with a selenite in the middle.
Smudging the crystals with sage or with your favorite incense is another way of cleaning them. Try to smudge all surfaces of the crystal, for as long as you feel necessary.
On rainy days, you can place the crystals on your balcony, for example, and leave them out in the rain. This cleaning method is wonderful, and if there is a storm and lightning even better as this energizes the crystals.
Sun & Moon
The perfect match! This energization is very strong because we obtain two polarities: the masculine energy of the sun and the feminine energy of the moon. Just place the crystals outside for a few hours, so that they can receive the light from these two stars.
Place the crystal in your hands and start rubbing and rotating it until you feel a slight warmth. Imagine a passage of colored energy coming out of your hands into the crystal. Don’t forget and trust that you are a unique being with a lot of energy!
Knowing When To Cleanse Your Crystals
The use of stones or crystals to clean the chakras or as an amulet requires a great intuition, but over time you will feel a very special connection with them. Time will teach you to feel when they are loaded with bad vibrations (depending on their use or the environment they are in) and need to be cleaned. There are crystals that have to be energized once a week, others only once a month. Trust your intuition!
Remember that balance starts with thoughts. The law of attraction is always at work, in your favor or not. We are really the result of our thoughts and we attract everything we think. So think of the light and you will be light, think of the good and you will always have the good!
Check other posts about spirituality and self-growth in the Spirituality section of my blog